Fashion Outfit Photography

THE AMBIVERT

lookback TauriqAjamVisuals-2017-2040

We all know what introverts and extroverts are but what if you lie somewhere in between? My whole life, I’ve never identified myself as either an introvert or an extrovert. I’ve seen so many articles recently about ambiverts so I am in no way claiming that this research is my own but I would like to share what I came across because I am sure there is more out there like me or ‘us’.

Let me begin by describing what an ambivert is according to these articles that I have read. The simplest way to explain it is someone that is able to balance both introvert and extrovert features in their personality but for me, I feel that I am actually an introvert that is able to socialise like an extrovert. I know this because I sometimes get anxiety before- hand if I know that I am going to be surrounded by groups of people but once I am in the situation, I can’t help but end up being the life of the party and when I get home, I feel physically drained and wonder if people genuinely enjoyed my company. When I am caught off guard, like either meeting one of you guys or asked to give a speech without having been prepared, I get so very shy because I haven’t mentally prepared myself for it.

Here are some facts about ambiverts that I can relate to and maybe you can too. If you can then you might be one too

1. I am more comfortable meeting new people when I am with one of my friends because it provides safe harbour.
  2. I find that being an ambivert, I am able to connect with more people be it introverts and extroverts because my personality doesn’t lean towards one direction.
  3. I don’t like small talk. I feel that it can be a bit insincere so I would rather avoid it. This is why when I meet you guys, I always ask how you are, how old you are and so on because I really do want to know.
  4. I love my own company. I honestly can spend an entire weekend all by myself and be 100% content.
  5. FOMO rarely exists.
  6. I mostly don’t think before I speak and can hurt feelings without even knowing it
  7. I am so intuitive. I often judge the outcome of a situation so that I can be super prepared before-hand.
  8. I love asking for help but hardly like to be corrected.
  9. Although it may not seem like it, I am always observing my surroundings.
  10. I love attention but hate being the centre of it.
  11. I always get an awkward anxiety before initiating conversation but once I am in it, I can go on and on.

Please let me know if you can relate to any of these points, I would love to know!

Topshop one-piece & coat | Woolworths boots| Ray-ban shades

Tauriq Ajam Visuals (book here)

TauriqAjamVisuals-2017-2042 TauriqAjamVisuals-2017-2078 TauriqAjamVisuals-2017-2090 TauriqAjamVisuals-2017-2118 TauriqAjamVisuals-2017-2121 TauriqAjamVisuals-2017-2152

You Might Also Like

9 Comments

Elaine
    March 22, 2017 at 6:37 pm

Agree with point number 1 specifically. I gots to have my wing girl. The easing into something is so much easier when I have one of my own with me when going into any new environment ?

René
    March 22, 2017 at 7:28 pm

Hey! :)

I love this Nadia! Btw, I love your blog too.

I can totally relate to your post, and to all your points as well.

I feel as though I am a borderline extrovert/introvert by nature, where by I enjoy people in general, but also enjoy my own company.

A friend of mine recently pointed out that, I am socially awkward, which I laughed at.
    This can be true, because we are surrounded by so many extroverts all the time, could my voice even be heard against the noise?

On the other hand, once I am comfortable I do ease into the noise and am well remembered lol.

Take care, and keep up the fantastic blog!

Warmest regards,
    René

Kelly Adams
    March 22, 2017 at 9:32 pm

Definitely think I’m an ambivert after reading this. Super awesome post. Also you look so fab!

micaela
    March 22, 2017 at 10:41 pm

wow that was really well written Nadia! Ive known this about myself for a while but it was a tough concept to initially wrap my head around but then you wrote this beautiful piece which really hit the nail on the head and provided some great identifying factors to truly be reasured! :)

CarleyLeonay
    March 23, 2017 at 8:39 am

I’m definitely an extrovert haha. I love your coat. I must get me the exact same one.

Shameena
    March 23, 2017 at 9:18 am

Hey Nadia

I can relate to all those points…so i guess I’m an ambivert! Awesome blog…keepit up

Lee-Anne Solomons
    March 25, 2017 at 8:03 pm

I can relate to that Nadia…an awesome post?…each 1 of us are unique and no person is the same…I’ve recently followed your blog…you are stunning and embrace your beauty which God gave you…Don’t Blend in but stand out!

Aakifah
    March 26, 2017 at 11:59 am

hey❤
    literally enjoyed reading this the most bc i could relate to majority of the points. inspiring and helpful as always?

Sne Mthembu
    May 8, 2017 at 7:19 pm

You look absolutely stunning. I love the outfit! Oh and I relate to almost all of those points lol.