To be honest, at first, this dress didn’t really appeal to me or to my sense of style as of late. It was on a slim mannequin and I just didn’t think to pick it up until a friend had pointed it out to me. I tried it on and instantly fell in love. It was just an unlikely dress that I didn’t think I would really like. Have you ever had a friend point something out to you that you didn’t take an interest in initially and you actually ended up loving? That doesn’t really happen to me often because I am usually the friend to point something out but I must say that I was pleasantly surprised. Safe to say that I will definitely be making this a Summer staple and you just might get sick of me wearing it.
This dress can be worn both with flats and heels. I opted for heels because it is quite an awkward length, especially for my height so I find that it is more flattering for my body type. It can be dressed down and worn to a picnic or even to the beach on a beautiful summers day with a lovely sun hat. The possibilities are endless!
Tips On Wearing a T-shirt Dress:
- For a more laid-back look, try pairing it with a pair of espadrilles or loafers and fun accessories.
- If you’re more of a tomboy then you could pair it with sneakers and a peak cap.
- You could keep it classy and wear it with a pair of heels, a bold lip, a choker and a cool clutch.
- You could toughen up the look by pairing it with a pair of sneakers and a leather jacket.
- If you want to accentuate your waist but you don’t want to wear a belt then perhaps try tying a scarf around your waist and making a bow.
Lisa Gabriel Photography (book here)
Lindy Lins Makeup (book here)
Tauriq Ajam Visuals (book here)