Who says Winter fashion has to be all doom and gloom? Winter is actually one of my favourite seasons and I’m so eager for it to arrive. There’s just something about being all snuggled up with hot chocolate that excites me – I guess it’s the way we can kind of laze around with a thick pair of wooly socks and have large amounts of dairy without really feeling guilty. Safe to say that carbs becomes a viable part of your diet once again because how can one have soup without mamas dumplings? But be careful, we can’t end up looking like a dumpling come Summer. I know it’s not Winter yet but it might as well be in Cape Town because it gets absolutely FREEZING at times!
About This Look
Wearing all-white can sometimes feel like a daunting task but it doesn’t have to be. I decided to layer this look with one of my favourite jackets from River Island. It has some cheeky touches of suede which I LOVE! It just made it super easy to wear all-white because of the texturing elements of the jacket and this otherwise ‘simple’ and ‘plain’ look suddenly adopts a level of depth. The faux fur is detachable so if you’re worried about looking like a diva, then you can just remove it but I personally love the pop of fur because it kind of strays away from the norm. Then just adding a crisp white crop-top with white jeans adds an undeniable chicness to this look. There’s nothing wrong with showing a bit of skin and completely disregarding the notion that one must be FULLY covered up in Winter. Luckily in Cape Town, there will be the odd days in which we can get away with this and plus this coat is super warm. Let’s face it, us Capetonians refuse to let the crop top go – even in the cold! We will find a way to make it work. Long live the crop top!
Tips On How To Wear Winter White RIGHT in Winter.
- Layer! By layering to all-white ensembles, it will create more depth and not look flat.
- Balance your look. For example, in this look, I am wearing cream and white. Another way to balance is by wearing maybe an oversized knit with a skinny jean.
- If you’re not comfortable wearing all white then add in some neutrals by maybe wearing a pair of silver or nude shoes.
- Wearing items of different textures and weights can never go wrong.
- When wearing all-white, tailored pieces are in many cases, more flattering, especially for my body shape.
- BE CONFIDENT! I’ve said this before but one can never hear it enough.
Lisa Gabriel Photography (book here)
Lindy Lins Makeup (book here)