The biggest misconception people have when it comes to basics is that it is boring but it is a fast growing trend that combines style with comfort and this is a trend I’ve really taken liking to. The jogger is the perfect basic to add to your ‘must have basic’ list. It is ideal for the off-duty look and has a multi-dimensional aspect to it being practical and stylish. I love that this look has some kind of ‘boyish’ charm to it without losing its femininity by adding a pair of basic strap heels that every girl should have. I love how you can be ‘sloppy’ and still be fashionable at the same time because this look can easily turn into a lounge-worthy outfit. Let’s not forget that joggers are the perfect travelling companion if worn with a comfortable pair of sneakers and you easily throw on a pair of basic strap-heels when you land to arrive in style.
About this look
I decided to pair this plain-cropped tee with a jogger because the blue stripe adds an undeniable charm that would otherwise be absent if I had worn a plain black top. The subtle detail in the top adds character which makes this crop top another basic essential because it adds character to almost every ‘plain’ look. Paired with my strapped heels, this look is instantly elevated to a tasteful street style look.
Top 10 Basic Items Every Girl Should Own
- Plain White Tee – This wardrobe essential is a no brainer. Not only is is it versatile but is great for layering in any season.
- A Leather/Pleather Jacket – Depending on your preference, every girl should have this basic to dress up our moods and let’s face it, us ladies have a lot of those.
- A Stripped Tee – To add a bit of sophistication, a stripped tee is perfect for that effortlessly relaxed,chic and minimalistic look.
- Jogger – A jogger is perfect for that slouchy yet fashionable look.
- Comfortable Denims – If a woman has a pair of jeans that she feels she looks amazing in then she can truly accomplish anything – need I say more?
- A Little Black Dress – This is perfect if you want to look good but don’t have enough time to troll through your wardrobe. It is essential that the cut is right on you and it also provides a clean slate for accessorizing however you want.
- Sunglasses – I don’t think there’s anything wrong with spending on a quality pair of sunglasses. Aviators are the perfect basic to invest in.
- Black Strap Heels – A strap heel can really elevate any look and a comfortable pair is truly essential.
- Statement Necklace – Although this isn’t really a ‘basic’, it can help to transform any basic look into a basic look with a little bit of extra flair.
- Mens Inspired Watch – This is perfect to throw on with any outfit as it is timeless (excuse the pun) and can be used to casually dress up any outfit up.
Lisa Gabriel Photography (book here)
Lindy Lins Makeup (book here)