For the longest time, I couldn’t wear white denims without feeling a tad bit insecure but this white-denim dungaree from Cotton On is perfect if you want to slowly transition into wearing white denims without jumping right into it. See what I did there? This denim is the right dose of stretch which doesn’t leave it clinging to your thighs and bum which is what most girls are afraid of when purchasing white denims. If you have been reading my last few blog posts, then you would have noticed that I am a big fan of dungarees. I love how whimsical and comfortable they are and for some reason, if you see a girl in a dungaree, it just screams some sort of minimalistic confidence.
Do White RIGHT – Tips For Rocking White Denims
- Fit always matters when buying the right pair of white denims. Make sure that it is not too loose or not too tight.
- Always wear seamless/nude underwear. I have fallen victim to wearing brightly coloured underwear with white denims time and time again.
- Maintain your white denims by ALWAYS following the instructions on the care label unless you want to end up with a lovely cream denim. I must admit that my mistakes by not following the care label instructions has left me with one very unique pair of cream denims which I love!
- Always be confident when wearing white denims. If you’re going to constantly be overthinking the width of your thighs and bum in those jeans then rather rock a plaid shirt wrapped around your waist or a trench coat. The transition to white denims isn’t always easy so take it in small steps.
- If you’re in the changing room and cant decide immediately whether a pair of jeans looks good then rather don’t get it. You will always know immediately if a denim looks good on you or not.
- BE CONFIDENT.
About this look:
I thought I would keep it classic by pairing a stripped-tee bodysuit with this dungaree and instead of opting for a pair of heels, I thought that this dungaree was better suited for a comfortable pair of sneakers and why not break this whole look up with a playful hat which adds the right dose of playfulness to my look. This look is perfect for a day date or if you’re looking to run errands in style and will having you rocking white denims like a pro.
Lisa Gabriel Photography (book here)
Lindy Lins Makeup (book here)